Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Hour...911...and other random updates

So, my sweet neighbor and friend, Laurie introduced me to a new "mommy concept".
HAPPY HOUR! So, I've been having my Happy Hour around 4pm, with a hot espresso or a cup of tea. It's just a window in your day...where you can take time out and just enjoy a treat. A simple pleasure you can look forward to. I think this could also be a good time to share with the kids(They can have Hot Cocoa or Tea). I think it could also be a glass of merlot while I cook dinner. What are your favorite "happy hour" treats?

So, an update on the Dairy Free living I've put into practice. Elsa is doing world's better! After two weeks of eliminating dairy she has shown major improvements! Praise The Lord! I'm so glad for your ladies who suggested this to me. Jesus, you are most merciful.

I've been wanting to start going to playgroup again..on Tues. mornings with some dear, sweet friends! :) It seems that every time I try to do this something impeeds...well, it's no different this time. Last Tuesday Thea started coughing...this Tuesday Jackson starts coughing. This Friday morning...Elsa starts coughing...we end up calling 911 cause she is coughing so much, that she is choking and gasping for air, and foaming at the mouth! Long, story short...we end up with a house full of paramedics (thank God for these wonderful people!) and a visit to the ER. Turns out they've all got RSV. Please remember us in your prayers...as we nurse Elsa through this sickness. This is my first sick infant...Jackson and Thea both waited at least 9 months before they got sick. So, this is a new ballgame...hopefully one that doesn't last too much longer.

On a lighter note...Once the paramedics arrived (around 4:30am), Jackson came out of his room and observed. Then he proceeded to his room to fetch his Dr. Case...just in case his assistance was needed. All the EMT's got a good laugh out of it. It's amazing how perceptive little kids are..nobody told him they were "Dr.'s"...he just knew it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jonie....how scary! I'm so thankful that The Lord protected you all that night. We will keep praying. Let us know if you need anything. I love your happy hour concept, as well. I think it might just be a great way to gather ourselves before daddy comes home. Love it--thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jonie, what a week for you! I'll be praying for you and your fam. RSV stinks. I'm sorry they have to suffer through it. Your sweet kiddos will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonie... this is more than just a sick infant!!!! RSV is scary! Alexander had it at 2 months old as well. We will be praying for quick healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RSV stinks. I've been around plenty of little ones in the hospital with RSV, and when a babe can't catch their breath it is scary. How are they all doing now? Praying for you all...

    ReplyDelete