Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Real Life...IS NOW

"For all of a sudden, I said to myself, this is your life, this is your REAL LIFE, and you are living it. Your life is not going to start later. This is it. It is now. It's funny how a person can be so busy that they forget this is it. This is my life."
-Lee Smith, (excerpt from Strong Women, Soft Hearts)

When I read this quote...a light bulb went on in my mind. All my life I've been doing the same thing...waiting for the next thing to come...whether it was graduating from high school, then college, waiting to meet the right man and get married, having children, etc. This truly is a dangerous trap that our minds can pin us into, as we think, "once I get this next thing done, then I'll change, or then I'll be happy, or whatever". NO! This is the lot I have been assigned by the hand of God. I must embrace it, whether it's sorrow and suffering, or it's joy and comfort. Whether my kids listen and obey or not...I need to enjoy this season and every season, whether it's to my liking or not. I need to embrace my real life now or I'll waste all that I've been given and my one opportunity to live my life. The truth is, this life will never be without hardship. I can either complain and have a pity party, and live a miserable existence, or I can find a reason to have JOY in my heart, and to draw JOY from the hearts around me. The latter is so much more appealing...and so much harder to accomplish. But PRAISE GOD, the answer does not lie in me...but in my Savior.

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly"

-Jesus (john 10:10)

1 comment: