The pathway is broken
and the signs are unclear
and I don't know the reason
why you brought me here
but just because you love me
the way that you do
I'm going to walk through the valley
if you want me to.
For I'm not who I was
when I took my first steps
And I'm clinging to the promise
that you're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Than I will go through the fire
if you want me to.
It may not be the way I would have chosen
when you lead me through a world
that's not my home
but you never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
and I'm all by myself
and I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering your love put you through
And I will go through the valley
if you want me to.
-Ginny Owens
The words of this song have been on my heart so much these past weeks. There have been some very hard days through it all...but my God has swooped down from on high, he has reached down from above and rescued me from a narrow path of fear and worry...and has delivered me into wide open spaces of peace, joy and hope unspeakable. Every day I marvel at the condition of my heart and mind...and how I could possibly have peace and joy and hope in such a trial...and my only conclusion is in wonderment of my Savior's love for me...I am found standing in Him because of his grace upon my life. I can sleep because he watches over me and gives me rest. I can laugh because He is my source of joy. I can hope because my feet are firmly planted on the Rock, Jesus Christ. I can enjoy today because He commands me to be anxious for nothing...and His peace that surpasses all understanding really does guard my heart and mind. I could go on and on. All the truths I've read for years, about my Savior, are being manifested in and around me in a very real way. The truths we fill our hearts with are more real and tangible than I ever believed. Oh how I wish I had the time to record all that our Lord has done and spoken during this trial. I know His plans for us are good. No matter the outcome of this situation, He is good! He reigns in Heaven above! Our lives be lifted High Lord, for your Glory.
I will guide them along paths they have not known. I will make the darkness become light for them, and the rough ground smooth.
-Isaiah 42:16
I know just what you mean dear friend! Thanks for the beautiful expression of God's amazing grace at work in our hearts. Love you!
ReplyDeletelove the words, remind me of the walk we began in Dec after our Ruthie went home to be with the Lord. He is with you. Thank you for sharing.Such an unfamilliar road ,a path we've never taken . Lord take my hand I said, and lead the way. He has been so faithful. Praying for you.Randi (signed in on Alec's account)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how we see the Lord's beauty and majesty in our darkest hour? He alone is worthy of praise; He alone saves us and brings us through the fire. Continuing to hope and pray alongside you.
ReplyDeleteI remember driving up in the hills listening to music with you. When you burned me a CD sometime before I left, this song was on it and I have always associated it with thoughts of you. Not that I believed that you would have to endure this trial, but knowing that Jesus is in that valley with you. Jesus in you amazes me my friend. I love you.
ReplyDelete