Saturday, April 17, 2010

24-Day Challenge: Day 21

Wooo-Hooo (big yell!)...I feel so great! Just 3 days left of the 24-day challenge...and we're so impressed with this program! We feel so good!

So, far Cyrus has lost 9 lbs. and 2 inches in his waist. I've lost 7 lbs. and 1 inch in my waist! It's amazing how effortlessly this weight came off! Well, I guess it wasn't without effort...but it just seemed so easy. We put into place a lot of healthy new habits in terms of eating and exercise during the last 21 days, and they have stuck! We've been eating several small meals a day instead of 3 big meals...a fist and a half is the goal size of each portion or about 300 calories per meal. Also, we've cut a lot of foods from our diet...and added more healthy ones, lots and lots of water, vitamins probiotics, fiber, etc. For me, exercise has become something I look forward to again...cause I feel so much better, and have so much more energy!

I think I've had maybe 3 cups of coffee since we started...I just don't crave it when I drink the SPARK in the morning. Have I mentioned how much the SPARK has helped me in the mornings? I used to drag my rear-end around the house for a good couple of hours before I could wake up enough to get on with my day and my responsibilities. Wow! I can't believe how much time I've wasted just being tired and without energy! But since we started this program, and started drinking the SPARK, I get up and just have amazing focus and energy to get going with my day! My house has never been more orderly! I feel much more enthusiastic about just about everything!

Why did we do this? Because for many years we've taken on some not-so-healthy habits. We want to live long and healthy lives (Lord willing) so we can give the best of ourselves to what the Lord has called us to: Our children, Our Marriage, Our Ministries, Our friends and loved ones.

I think after the 24-days is up...we'll go on to the 24-Year challenge!

1 comment: