Today Cyrus and I are starting our 24-Day Challenge! We're so excited to do this together. We were introduced to this program by some good friends who had amazing results...so now it's our turn. It a weight loss and detox system. I went to the grocery store yesterday, and shopped the healthiest I've ever shopped before! Some of you may be laughing...but I bought wheat germ and brown rice pasta for the first time (among other obscure items). I was amazed at how much healthy food I got for less than I would normally spend on not-so-healthy foods. I even made some fabulously healthy (and yummy) granola bars last night...would love to share the recipe if anyone is interested! The kids LOVE them too.
I was a bit hesitant to tell anyone about this challenge we are embarking on...but I thought, well, this may be a good source of accountability. I know that one of the hardest parts of weight loss for me has been follow-through. I pray that through telling others what I'm doing, I will stick with this.
After 4 years of either being pregnant or recovering from pregnancy, I'm ready to shed some weight and feel better. Praying this is a lifelong change!
Looking to my Lord for wisdom and strength to do it.
"For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Way to go! The hardest part is always starting. Once you get into a routine it gets so much easier.
ReplyDeleteSend the info. I NEED HELP HERE IN MN too. Good luck...much love.
ReplyDeleteJonie, you are inspiring! I will be praying that the above verse rings truth to you during your journey and that God would teach you things you hadn't even expected. (Doesn't it seem that God always does that? Tucks in a beautiful blessing(s) we hadn't counted on in the midst of challenge) Also, I would love to try your granola bar recipe! Much love to you this week.
ReplyDelete